1. How do I get a brochure or price list?
Call our inside sales manager Karyn Lewis at 800-585-4977
2) What is the length of your Dumbbell Handles?
5-3/4" inside of head to inside of head. Easily fits all Dumbbell racks.
3) Why should I choose straight VS Tapered Dumbbell Handles?
Purely a matter of preference although Tapered is not generally desirable over 100 lbs.
4) What is the advantage of your NEW Urethane Dumbbell Handle?
It is the first ever U.S. made Molded handle that is bonded to the steel handle. Not only is it extremely comfortable and easy to grip it has corrosion resistant advantages over plated handles so a great choice in humid environments.
5) What is the difference between Hard Chrome and Decorative Chrome?
Hard chrome will not peel and flake like decorative chrome so it has safety advantages, the trade off is it has less corrosion resistance than decorative chrome.
6) You now offer Stainless Steel Olympic bars, what are the advantages?
The first obvious advantage is corrosion resistance. Additionally the bar has the ability to look new for many years because there is no plating, it can be brushed or sanded to remove scratches or oxidation etc.
7) Can Stainless Steel Rust?
As with many metals, exposure to wet or severely humid environments can cause oxidation or even rust on stainless steel. To prevent this keep the material as dry as possible following normal Olympic bar maintenance, if oxidation occurs it can be removed with a wire brush and oil based lubricants.
8) If you say UNILOCK Dumbbells are adjustable for wear does that mean they will come loose?
No, what it means is that after abuse that destroys other dumbbells Unilock can easily be adjusted or a part replaced making them new again. With other Dumbbells you will need special tools, or if welded to throw them away and replace totally.
9) Why is the US Made Spline handle so revolutionary?
With this patented design the handle to head connection is similar to the way a car steering wheel is installed with a male/female scenario. Not only is head rotation (spinning) impossible, the connection actually gets tighter the more you use it.
10) Why Does GP industries use only US Made steel for their dumbbell handles?
The Dumbbell handle is a critical component where material variations can cause hidden failures. Steel coming from offshore sources can be unreliable from content to specifications that are not accurate.
11) Why would I buy your U.S. made Cable Attachments for twice the money?
To date we cannot think of a cable attachment line from any manufacturer that has a soft grip that lasts longer than a few months making them virtually unusable. Our U.S. line is built with precision components and we have yet to see a grip wear out in 7 years. Buy ours once or buy the cheap imports over and over.
12) What makes GP Industries different from the Competition?
Unlike many of our competitors that merely Import and distribute we design our products personally in the U.S. In many cases we mate U.S. made precision components with various Imported Components which are then assembled in the U.S. giving us cost advantages while maintaining high standards of quality control.
13) How long has GP Industries been in business?
GP Industries has been in business for 13 years, additionally the owners share over 60 years of experience collectively in the Commercial Fitness Industry.
14) There are companies that offer cheaper prices and longer warranties, why?
As in repeated history you get what you pay for. There is no way to produce high quality CHEAP! GP Industries only has two real competitors and they are both longstanding U.S. Companies producing very high quality. We highly recommend cost comparisons. It should be obvious that companies offering cheap prices and warranties that far exceed their time in business is merely a sales tactic to gain business. They have NO WAY to substantiate their claims. WILL THEY BE AROUND TO BACK UP THOSE WARRANTIES? Our goal is not to tell our customers we are the smartest and best value around we want you the customer to make that call.